The Pakistan Business Express train started its first official operation to the port city of Karachi from Lahore on February 3. Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani graced the launch, describing it as a significant step forward to a successful example of public-private partnership to offer modern facilities to railway passengers.
The train has been launched by the Pakistan Railways in partnership with a private company named Four Brothers, the first of its kind under the policy of public-private partnership.
Pakistan Business Express Features:
* Individual cabins for 6 passengers/families.
* Video and music channels on LCD for each cabin
* Hi-tea, dinner, snacks and beverages served by Pearl Continental Hotel. (Included in fare)
* Emergency support through on board para-medical staff and local 1122 direct access during traveling.
* Web/online reservation with home delivery and cash collection service for tickets.
* Lahore Business Lounge
* Spacious and comfortable waiting hall.
* Comfortable and relaxed sitting arrangement.
* Prayer place.
* Snack bar and gift shop.
* Free internet kiosk.
* Free wi-fi for your laptops.
* Neat and clean washrooms.
Pakistan Business Express Timings:
* Departure from Lahore: 3:30 pm
* Arrival in Karachi: 10:00 am
* Departure from Karachi: 3:30 pm
* Arrival in Lahore: 10:00 am
* Total travel time: 18 hours
* Over-night non-stop and comfortable travel.